Hey Eric,
I wouldn't rely on quackwatch too much if I were
you. Their leading figure, Stephen Barrett, is
losing case after case as the so-called quacks
have been turning the tables on the nation's
premiere quack. Here's one story from 2 years
ago. There are more, but this should do:

http://www.canlyme.com/quackwatch.html

Dr. Stephen Barrett of Quackwatch Exposed In Court Cases

At trial, under a heated cross-examination by
Negrete, Barrett conceded that he was not a
Medical Board Certified psychiatrist because he
had failed the certification exam.

This was a major revelation since Barrett had
provided supposed expert testimony as a
psychiatrist and had testified in numerous court
cases. Barrett also had said that he was a legal
expert even though he had no formal legal training.

The most damning testimony before the jury, under
the intense cross-examination by Negrete, was
that Barrett had filed similar defamation
lawsuits against almost 40 people across the
country within the past few years and had not won one single one at trial.

During the course of his examination, Barrett
also had to concede his ties to the AMA, Federal
Trade Commission (FTC) and Food & Drug Administration (FDA).

P R E S S R E L E A S E

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE