Hi Michael,

This vaccine will be terribly important in countries where HPV
infections and cervical cancer incidence are high. Do we have
 information on how long the vaccine will provide protection and the
long-term adverse effects, if any?

Sujatha

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:37:34 +0000
  Michael Balter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> The other day I asked list members what they thought about the
>controversy
> over the HPV vaccine, in Texas and elsewhere. Other than posts from
>Cohen
> and Campbell basically saying that environmental toxins and not HPV
>were the
> main cause of this cancer, few others responded and no real
>discussion took
> place. I would seriously be interested in hearing from other people
>here
> what they think about this issue.
>
> thanks, Michael
>
> --
> www.michaelbalter.com

> Michael Balter
> Contributing Correspondent, Science

Sujatha Byravan Ph. D.
President,Council for Responsible Genetics
5 Upland Road, Suite 3
Cambridge, MA 02140
Tel: (617) 868 0870
http://www.gene-watch.org