  From: Jonathan Campbell
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 3:45 AM
  Subject: Re: Mitchel's Marxism & the Environment talk now on-line

  Oh dear, I guess I started another firestorm.

  All I can say to Michael Balter is: Balterdash!

  For those who are not close-minded:

  First, Carolyn Dean is one of those rare medical doctors who has studied a wide range of therapies, from pharmaceutical medicine to naturopathic medicine (decades of scientifically proven, documented therapies) to homeopathy (which, believe it or not, has scientific basis for some afflictions) to Chinese medicine (thousands of years of curative and restorative use of herbs), and even the weirdo ones (magnetic, electrical, etc.) that hold little promise. Any good health scientist or researcher follows up on strong anecdotal evidence, even if what they eventually find is the placebo effect. (Which is real in itself. The mind body connection is very powerful in its ability for healing. Read Jon Kabat-Zinn on this phenomenon.)

  This study for which she was primarily responsible, Death By Medicine, has not been refuted by any reputable sources. They merely ignore it. Other physicians who have studied the same phenomenon (iatrogenic death is its official name) put the number of deaths slightly lower, and their research is also carefully ignored by the press and the medical profession at large. If you are interested it (and I defy anyone to find anything wrong with the methodology) you can find it on the Life Extension Foundation website at:

  http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2004/mar2004_awsi_death_01.htm

  Second, as for adult stem cells, there is good research going on, but it is woefully underfunded because there is no profit potential. Here is but one example found in 10 seconds on google.

  http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/01/070115093819.htm

  Third, regarding my offhand comment about AIDS and HIV: The discussion of AIDS and HIV is far too long and complex for this mailing list. I suggest you start with the following website:

  http://www.rethinkingaids.com/

  This website and some of the ideas presented will challenge your understanding of the AIDS phenomenon. You have a choice. "You take the blue pill, the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." (Morpheus, in The Matrix) The world is not what it seems.

  Kind regards
  Jonathan

  http://www.eset.com