From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Michael Balter
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 5:40 AM
Subject: Re: Anti-Science Left

By the way, since concern has been expressed on this list about methods of argumentation and personal attacks, let me be clear: I do not consider Jonathan's post about my Science connection to be a personal attack, but a legitimate political attack on my credibility as a commentator on science related issues from a left perspective. If I worked for Exxon, that would certainly be relevant to my credibility if the subject of global warming came up here. I have defended myself against this political attack, that is all. Likewise, it is a political and not a personal attack if I say that Jonathan's peddling of crackpot theories discredits the left and its influence in the wider population, especially when they are disseminated publicly.

MB