Verstraeten is highly qualified. But he had a vested interest in creating false evidence to de-link vaccines and autism. During the latter part of the study he led, he was working for a vaccine manufacturer. The committee purposely chose an insurance company in bankruptcy with poor reporting on adverse events to come up with a non-correlation. They as much as said so during their deliberations, which were recorded and subsequently leaked.

Look carefully at the people doing the research to disparage the Geiers and disparage the link. You'll find a vested economic or political interest in a vast majority of cases.

Jonathan
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Michael Balter
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 8:13 AM
Subject: Re: No link of vaccine, autism

Peer reviewed does not mean right. Plenty of papers are peer reviewed and turn out to be wrong. The people who disagree with them are highly qualifed as well, so the thing has to be argued on its merits. The objections are not about their passion, but about their science. I do not have strong opinions on this issue personally, but I do have strong opinions about the process by which science is done.

best, Michael

www.michaelbalter.com