I just looked more carefully at the Turkheimer article that I sent out.  I still think it is kind of amazing that this group came out with a zero heritability conclusion, but there are a number of things about the article that are not good.  Yjey aren't telling us anything, but it shows how some in the field are backing away from the very strong statements.   Turkheimer is known for talking about the "gloomy prospect" for behavior genetics.

                                Jon

Jon Beckwith
Dept. of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
Harvard Medical School
200 Longwood Ave.
Boston, MA 02115

Tel. 617-432-1920
FAX 617-738-7664
e-mail [log in to unmask]
website <http://beck2.med.harvard.edu/>

Recent books and articles:
My book, a memoir entitled: Making Genes, Making Waves: A Social Activist in Science, Harvard University Press, 2002. http://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog/BECMAK.html
Articles:
Copies conformes ou copies qu'on forme ? J. Beckwith. Sciences et Avenir Hors-SÚrie #149, p.71 (2006)
Should we make a fuss? A case for social responsibility in science. F. Huang and J. Beckwith, Nature Biotechnology. 23:1479-1480 (2005).
Whither Human Behavioral Genetics, J. Beckwith in Wrestling with
Behavioral Genetics: Ethics, Science, and Public Conversation
, eds. E. Parens, A. Chapman and N. Press.  Johns Hopkins University Press (2005)