-----Original Message-----
From: Medical Libraries Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kleinmuntz, Dalia
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 9:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Medlib policy on ILL requests

I believe that the policy has not changed.  One has to identify the
request on the subject line as ILL (same as with "Chat").

The problem is that there might be too many who just do not know how to
check Docline for "who has what where and from what year", or do not
bother to do so.   It is taken for granted - even among librarians -
that almost  "everything is on the net", or that it can be gotten for
free if one just asks.   I do not mind helping out, and all our holdings
are so noted online, so that a search for the journal and the year ought
to identify us as holding the particular year, and thus sent directly to
us, not to the whole list.

Libraries ought to make sure that all their holdings are listed with
NLM.  It  takes a bit of time, but is a simple solution.  And DOC LINE
is such a great tool - all ought to learn to use it properly!!!!,

Dalia Kleinmuntz, M.L.S.
Director of Webster Library & ENH Library Resources Evanston Hospital,
Evanston Northwestern Healthcare
847-570-2664 (voice)
847-570-2926 (fax)                  [log in to unmask]
[log in to unmask] (personal)

Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of ENH.