-----Original Message-----
From: Medical Libraries Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Julie Stielstra
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 1:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: OVID / EBSCO / CINAHL

Does anyone have any recent info on what the future holds for CINAHL?
I'm
getting scattered bits on info, and my OVID rep is on vacation.   It
sounds
like OVID will not be licensing CINAHL in the future, but I have
conflicting
info on the "cutoff" date: 2007? 2008?   And do we REALLY have no
recourse
other than Ebsco?  I have had such awful experience with Ebsco
(including patently unethical if not illegal dealings that I did not
appreciate having to clean up after) that I never ever EVER want to deal
with them again.
Their CINAHL plus Full Text offerings are lousy with selective indexing,
major journals for which full text is either not available or embargoed,
and
the last time I looked the search functionality was just awful.   I do
not
want to subject my faithful clientele to having to change to this crummy
product.... they hate it when they've used it at school, etc. compared
to OVID.

Boycott, anyone?  Sigh.

--
Julie Stielstra, MLS