We decided to go ahead and capture the finch before the storm, and
were able to find a rehabber who was willing to take him in via the
VT-NH Veterinary clinic.  Last word is that the clinic was able to
split its broken wing and the rehabber will probably be picking him
up on Monday.

It was clear that the wing was the only problem; he was otherwise
healthy and feisty (have you ever noticed that goldfinches -always-
look angry when they stare directly at you?).

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions.

--julie

	this is not true.

			--Robert Wilensky