Mon. - Rough legged Hawk hovering over Bromley (Peru)

Tues - Over Bromley Mt. - a large bird with white underside and black tips
on wings.  My first thought was Ring-bill Gull which have been moving
through, but this bird was soaring and circling.  When it banked, the top
side was brownish.   Alas, I forgot to take my binos on the slopes, but my
guess was a white, Red-tail Hawk.  Perhaps the bird that has been seen this
winter in Dorset.   Any other ideas?

Later that day at my home in E. Dorset...  TV and 2 'flap, flap, soar'
birds.  Even though I did get binos on these guys, the sky was still bright
and the birds were distant, but 'jiz' gave me heavy bodied accipiters - not
sharpie or coopers of which I have seen many.  I'm not sure I have ever IDed
a Goshawk in flight, but that was my guess.

Wed.., a  raptor swooped in our yard and perched in tree top long enough for
me to get 'gray bird, face mark, long tail'...  definite male Goshawk!

Ruth Stewart
E. Dorset

Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.
http://games.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmemailtaglinemarch07