A request from the Records Committee:

There is no doubt as to the species here, however, we would appreciate
input from those of you documenting this species as to whether or not the
bird is of wild origin.  This is certainly not easy to evaluate, but for
those of you looking for the goose, we would appreciate any data you can
glean on feather condition, bill/foot condition, whether or not the bird is
banded (USFWS or otherwise), behavioral interactions with other species,
etc.  I believe there is a record of a bird banded in Scotland that was
recovered in Ontario, so there is some precedence for true vagrancy in this
species.  I would also encourage everyone who sees this bird to write it
up.  http://www.vinsweb.org/vbrc/vbrcdocu.htm

Allan

At 09:17 PM 3/27/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>There is a pretty distant shot of the barnacle on my website at
>http://hgbirder.org/ Go to "other birds" and double click on the
>thumbnail.
>
>Hector Galbraith PhD
>Galbraith Environmental Sciences LLC
>837 Camp Arden Rd., Dummerston, VT05301
>802 258 4836 (phone)

Allan M. Strong
University of Vermont
The Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources
347 Aiken Center
Burlington, VT 05405
802-656-2910