Hi all, Saturday was a much warmer afternoon with a lot of wind here.
There are 16 species that I have seen nearly every week in the yard since
the first of the year; but today I hit the high for Cardinals thus far for
2007: at 21, with an even balance of 11 males and 10 females. (Last year my
high was 27.)

A recent exciting new bird nearby was a group of 6 Snow Buntings out by my
mail box on the road greeting me on Sunday, March 3, when returning from
out of town. That's only the second time in 9 years for those.

Today also gave me a new yard mammal: an opossum who spent a couple hours
feeding himself under my feeders in the middle of the afternoon!
Good birding, Larry Haugh
Shelburne VT