 Yesterday Don Clark and I birded the vernon dam. Below the dam we had 4 Green-winged Teal along with more common ducks. When we checked above the dam there were already two birders there (I forgot your names sorry!!!). Above the dam, I found 1 American Pipit feeding close to us on some floating vegetation that was partially attached to the shore. I believe this is a very early sighting for Pipits here in VT (there have been a couple that have overwintered just across the border in NH this year). We also had: 3 Phoebes, 3 Tree Swallows, 2 Wood Ducks and lots of Black Ducks, Mallards, Common and Hooded Mergansers, Ring-necked ducks, and Common Goldeneye.  Taj Schottland  Taj SchottlandPutney, [log in to unmask] [log in to unmask] bumperstickers for sale! "so many birds so little time" ...........&......... "I'd rather be birding". For more info email me!

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.