 I spent from 3:30 till 5:15 at the vernon dam today. I hiked in from the NH side. Combined totals from both below the dam and above the dam are as follows: 1 Pied-billed Grebe, 45 Wood Ducks, 135+ Mallards, 125+ Black Ducks, 5 Northern Pintail, 2 American Wigeon, 5 Lesser Scaup, 1 possible Greater Scaup (too distant to tell for sure), 80 Ring-necked Ducks, 55 Common Goldeneye, 2 Bufflehead, 9 Hooded Mergansers, 8 Common Mergansers and 2 American Coot. No GWFG and very few Canada Geese (about 450).   Good birding.   Taj SchottlandPutney, [log in to unmask] [log in to unmask] bumperstickers for sale! "so many birds so little time" ...........&......... "I'd rather be birding". For more info email me!

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.