Hi, everyone - Yesterday a friend and I took leisurely walks and drives in
search of ducks on the water or eagles on the ice. No eagles. No ducks except at
the Charlotte Ferry landing, where there were both common and hooded
mergansers along with a pair of buffleheads.

We then took a walk in Kingsland Bay State Park and were rewarded by a
red-bellied woodpecker. On the way home, we stopped to watch at least 50 wild
turkeys close to   the road near Wake Robin.

Also seen or heard:

raven
crows
redwinged blackbirds
white-breasted nuthatch
chickadees
tufted titmice
robin
kestrel
red-tailed hawk
very quick glimpse of a possible harrier
very close visit by two circling turkey vultures (checking to see if one of
us might lie down and die???)
ring-billed gulls
herring gulls
mourning doves all a'cooing