This afternoon I checked out Allen Point in preparation for a field trip
there this weekend (more about this tomorrow). The access road is now (almost)
snow-free and in pretty good shape for driving to the parking lot. Despite the
fog, I counted 51 Canada Geese, 51 Ring-necked Ducks, 4 Common Goldeneye, 4
Greater Scaup, and 4 Mallards. I am sure there were more ducks and geese out
there, but the fog prevented me from seeing them.

The best part, though, was two flocks of Snow Geese flying North-one flock of
200+ and another of 325 by a quick count. Later, I saw a flock of 200 Snow
Geese on the ground (same birds?) in a field opposite the Ed Weed Fish Hatchery.
No ducks at the Hatchery, though. Only a single Great Blue Heron.

Bruce MacPherson
South Burlington