Thank you, Hector and Allen, for making this discussion public.  Very
interesting to this amateur.

As someone having seen the Barnacle Goose, I second Hector's
observations insofar as feather
wear and banding are concerned.   Ditto on association with (obviously)
wild birds,
and exhibition of 'wild bird' behaviors.

Regards,

Terry