I know from experience from birding in Pennsylvania that Barnacle
Geese are not accepted on the records committee there even if they
"display" all the aspects of being wild.  I think its more of an
issue of whether the ABA accepts the fact that Barnacle Geese can
appear in the North-East.  I have seen about 3-4 Barnacle Geese in PA
but I don't think that any of the records were accepted.  The recent
banded specimen collected is an interesting issue and my personal
opinion is that Barnacle geese are vagrants to this area but it more
of an issue of the amount of evidence for them to travel here unaided.

Other Birding Notes
Had a TV fly over the Davis Center on the UVM Campus last Wed.
Yesterday in the Fog I had a flock of 50 Snow Geese Fly over U-Heights
Last Sunday I went up to Moose Bog and found lifer White-wing
Crossbills and Boreal
	Chickadees, also had many Pine Siskens and a probable Spruce Grouse
that we heard 		flush but did not see.  Someone else had 2 Black-
backed woodpeckers, Evening 			Grosbeak, and Grey Jay.

Thomas Ford-Hutchinson
UVM