My job takes me often afar.   This trip produced so much irony I can't
stand it.  After slogging out to the Allen Point causeway, not once, but
twice, and hours of searching in freezing weather, I finally managed to
find Alan and Ted's lone Tufted Duck.  It was quite an effort for one
bird.   Here I am in Seoul (South Korea), and they are like 'dirt
birds'.   Over 400 seen on the Han River, today, by far the most
numerous species!   And, no ring-necks with which to confuse them!
Large numbers also of Great Cormorant, Bean Goose, Pochard, Spot-billed
Duck, Pintail, Common Teal, and a few Ruddy Shelduck.   Oh, and the
black-tailed gulls were here, too!

Good birding!

Terry