This weekend, I saw one of the five or six male Cardinals we have in the
area feeding a female.  And this morning, I startled a House Finch out of
the wreath that hangs by the door.  A pair of House Finches successfully
raised a brood on the wreath we had there last year.

Also seen this weekend was a Red-tailed Hawk who hung out for quite a
while in a tree across the road.  I couldn't id him till he took off,
harrassed by several crows, and I saw his tail.  While he was sitting on
the branch, looking around, the smaller birds in the area were completely
unconcerned.

American Goldfinches have increased in number at the feeders.  I counted
16 +/- yesterday.  We are still seeing half a dozen Tree Sparrows with one
or two Juncos joining them on occasion.

Holly Hungerford
Charlotte, Vt.