Yesterday, behind Guy's Farm & Yard, on 2A just N of Tafts Corners Slobovia,
I found three Kildeer rejoicing.  (At this season in past years I have also seen
Am. Pipits in this ragged field....)  Earlier, from a ridge in N. Williston, with the
southerly wind whistling in my ears and murky visibility, I had observed a flock
of 13 geese (probably Canadas?) riding the wind northward.

As of this a.m., Song Sparrows have reached a breeding ground in my N.
Williston neighbor's Christmas tree farm.  Flocks of grackles, redwings, robins,
and cardinals are also to be found around here, along with the resident
woodlanders.  Traces (scat, tracks) of the wild turkey flock that resides in
this area but disappears once hard winter sets in are showing up, as sure a
sign of spring as any other.

Carol Wagner
N. Williston