I spent an hour and a half with Jeanne Wisner this evening unsuccessfully
canvassing a few blocks in Addison County for great horned owls.

However, in Bridport 4 we did hear what may have been a LONG-EARED OWL.

There was a series of single hoots spaced three to five seconds apart and
continuing for about five minutes.  My hesitation comes in that the hoots
were slightly deeper than what Iíve heard on tapes, and my surprise that the
long-eared was answering a tape of a great-horned.

Our only other owl of the evening was a Barred Owl in Snake Mtn. 6.

Mike Winslow