To put my two cents in, I purchased a pair of the Stokes Talon 8x42 this summer past and like them a great deal. They will focus on objects about 6 feet away making them good for Butterflying and Odes too. Kevin
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: - Maeve Kim<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 6:45 PM
  Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] New Pair of Binoculars

  I'm replying on-list because this is a great resource: an article titled 22
  Binoculars You Can Afford, that appeared in the February 2006 issue of Birders'
  World. Greg, if you'll send me your mailing address I'll send you a copy.

  A quick summary: Under $200, the favorites were Nikon Action 8x40, Bushnell
  NatureView 8x42, Celestron Outland LX 8x42, Bushnell NatureView 10x42 and
  Vortex Stokes Talon 8x42.

  Maeve Kim
  Jericho Center

   AOL now offers free