Thanks for hearing my comments,

At the moment, I'm really swamped with schoolwork, but I'd certainly
be willing to take a look and play around with it to see if anything
interesting comes of it. At the very least, I can point you at some
web designers and design sites that really know what they're doing
and can maybe give you some inspiration. Some sites, especially
www.csszengarden.com is great for getting a general idea for a feel,
but doesn't lend itself to end-to-end conceptualization, which can be
really demoralizing. I have a few sites that talk about design on
both a very high and very low level which can really help in
developing past what a web site looks like to what a web site /is/.
( <-- Too zen for its own good. : [ )

As a word of caution on the color green; it's very, very easy to mess
green up something awful. The old slashdot.org was a great example of
Verybadgreen. The best use of green I've come up with was my entry in
the CS department design contest last year, http://www.cs.uvm.edu/
~nhusher/, which I think only really works because it's more tan than
green. Anyway, if ever you find yourself at the end of a laborious
design session only to come out with really ugly colors, check out
both of these sites:

http://kuler.adobe.com/
http://www.dailyslurp.com/ColorSearch.aspx

Find a color scheme close to yours and lift the hex values and tweak
from there. Remember, good designers copy; great designers steal.
(http://www.sitepoint.com/article/copy-great-designers-steal)

Nick