Weathersfield requires that the request be submitted in November of each year, and that the annual report for the previous fiscal year be included with the request.

No report, no appropriation.

At 12:31 PM 4/4/2007, you wrote:

Hi--

For many years Newbury has asked that all requests be made in Dec., prior to our Budget Hearings in Jan.  In 2005 we realized we needed more time to look at requests from social agencies and proposed budget requests from various boards/committees--- in order to give ourselves enough time to think and plan prior to the Town Report going to press the end of Jan. Consequently,  last year we asked social agencies to have their requests in a few months earlier, and the other boards/committees to send us a draft of their propsed budgets, by mid October. This gave us a little extra time to be better prepared for the Jan. crunch. (Typically, our Town Treasurer actually holds onto the requests in a special folder)

Alma, Newbury Selectboard

-----Original Message-----
From: Joan Devine
Sent: Apr 4, 2007 12:18 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Request for Funds

One of my social service agencies has already requested City funds to be placed on the Warning for the 2008 Annual Meeting.  Is there any set time period on how soon prior to an election this request can be made?  I hate to think I have to start babysitting these requests until the next Annual Meeting preparation in March.  <?xml:namespace prefix = o />

Thanks for the help.

Joan

Larry J. Melen, Weathersfield Town Manager
Telephone: [802] 674-2626
Fascimile: [802] 674-2117
Website: http://www.weathersfield.org

NOTICE:

THIS TRANSMITTAL IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF AND BY THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED.  IT MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, OR EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.

IF THE READER OF THIS TRANSMITTAL IS NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OR THE EMPLOYEE OR AGENT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERING THE TRANSMITTAL TO THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS COMMUNICATION IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS COMMUNICATION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY THIS OFFICE IMMEDIATELY.