Hi Anne,
I would usually send the document back to the party that SENT it to me, not
the " after recording" address on the document. I have had requests from
neighboring town clerks, to send the document to them, if it's for their
town, which I have done. Since you and I have discussed this many times, I
am considering keeping a list of these WRONG TOWN DOCUMENTS for future
PS You left your glasses here,, in case you are looking for them.
Robin Wilcox

Arlington Town Clerk
PO Box 304
Arlington, VT 05250
802 375-2332 



From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Anne Gilbert
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 9:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Recordings question

My name is Anne Gilbert. I am a real-estate paralegal and title abstractor.

I would like to ask town clerks a recording question.
What do town clerks do if you receive a document, like a Mortgage Deed, that
is for property in a different town?  
If you record it, how do you index such a document?  If you don't record it,
do you keep a record of what you did with it?

Dorset, Vermont