As Anne knows, here in Bennington we usually record for the same reason as
Wilmington.  We do not always notice early enough that it is not Bennington.
Since we are the county seat we get these sometimes.  We do a grantor card
in the owners name and send back with a note that it should be recorded in
the TOWN of property location.

Cassandra J. Barbeau
Assistant Town Clerk
Bennington, VT  05201
(802) 442-1043
mailto:[log in to unmask]

find us on the web at

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Town of Wilmington
  Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 12:23 PM
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Subject: Re: Recordings question

  Hi Anne -

  I do the same thing that Robin does with the documents I catch in time.
Sometimes I don't realize it is the wrong town until the pages for the Land
Record book has been made, at which point I index it the same as a document
for my town with Grantor/Grantee, type of doc, etc.  I personally do not
believe it is the Clerk's responsibility to keep a record of documents

  Susie Haughwout
  Wilmington Town Clerk
  P.O. Box 217
  Wilmington, VT 05363
  1-802-464-5836 Phone
  1-802-464-1238 Fax
  [log in to unmask]