  _____

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of May, Toni
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 10:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Signatures on PTTR's

Many PTTR's are being submitted to the Tax Dept. without both sellers and
buyers signatures.
I would like to remind all town clerks that when a PTTR is filed, signatures
by each of the parties or their legal representatives are required. 32 V.S.A
9606 (b).

To avoid any confusion in the future, I ask that town clerks please double
check PTTR's when they are submitted to their office. If they do not contain
the required signatures, please send them back to the preparer to be filled
out properly.

I appreciate your time and cooperation in this matter.

Thank You
Toni May,Tax Examiner
Vermont Property Transfer Tax