I never process without the signatures on the PTTR.  PVR told me to send the documents back to the seller (or lawyers) when the signatures are missing. I had a transfer that was accepted by the then clerk without signatures.  The Buyers wanted to sue me, the Seller didn’t want to transfer (one of those homemade quitclaim deeds between mother and son).  It was a mess, but I did what I was told to do and prayed it all worked out.

Tammy

Town of Roxbury

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of kimberly pombar
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 10:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: pttr?

We just received a call from the State Dept of Taxes the caller told us that any PTTR’S that aren’t signed by the buyer & seller should be refused and sent back. The State tax Dept will not accept these anymore.  Do you all send them back and baby-sit the lawyers that don’t fill these out completely?