From: Nealy, Diane [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 12:13 PM
To: BGS - Flag
Subject: Flag Notification

Date Issued:  April 17, 2007

N O T I C E

Flags to be Lowered to Half Staff

Per Federal Code P.L. 94-344 and Presidential Proclamation

Where the flag will be lowered

All State facilities around the state

Which flag(s) will be lowered

          The U.S flag, Vermont State flag, POW flags, and any other flags **

Date the flag is to be lowered:

          Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Date flag is to return to full staff:

          At sunset, on April 22, 2007

Reason to lower flag(s):

As a mark of respect for the victims of the senseless acts of violence perpetrated on Monday, April 16, 2007, by the authority vested in me as President of the United States by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, Sunday, April 22, 2007.

**      Please note all flags must fly at half-staff for that period of time.  Rule:

When the U.S. flag is lowered, the Vermont flag, the POW flag, and any other flag must also be lowered, because the U.S. flag must always fly above or equal to any other flags that are flown.

Notice sent by:         Diane Nealy

Office of the Commissioner

Buildings & General Services

802-828-3519