We send them back to the person who sent it.  Except for some Vt. Department
of Tax liens, that they specifically request be recorded anyway.



-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Anne Gilbert
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 9:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Recordings question


My name is Anne Gilbert. I am a real-estate paralegal and title abstractor.

I would like to ask town clerks a recording question.
What do town clerks do if you receive a document, like a Mortgage Deed, that
is for property in a different town?  
If you record it, how do you index such a document?  If you don't record it,
do you keep a record of what you did with it?

Dorset, Vermont