If I receive a mortgage that is in a different town, I send it back to the Mortgagee and tell them so they can record it in the correct town.

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Anne Gilbert
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 9:10 AM
Subject: Recordings question

My name is Anne Gilbert. I am a real-estate paralegal and title abstractor.
I would like to ask town clerks a recording question.
What do town clerks do if you receive a document, like a Mortgage Deed, that is for property in a different town?
If you record it, how do you index such a document?  If you don't record it, do you keep a record of what you did with it?

Thanks,
Anne
Dorset, Vermont