Many PTTR's are being submitted to the Tax Dept. without both sellers and buyers signatures.
I would like to remind all town clerks that when a PTTR is filed, signatures by each of the parties or their legal representatives are required. 32 V.S.A 9606 (b).

To avoid any confusion in the future, I ask that town clerks please double check PTTR's when they are submitted to their office. If they do not contain the required signatures, please send them back to the preparer to be filled out properly.

I appreciate your time and cooperation in this matter.

Thank You
Toni May,Tax Examiner
Vermont Property Transfer Tax