I would send them back to the bank and tell them the
reason and hope they would send it to the proper town!
I believe it would be illegal to record it if it were not in
the correct town wouldn't it?  How could a person
searching a title find all the correct documents if they
were in the wrong town??
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Anne Gilbert
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 9:10 AM
Subject: Recordings question

My name is Anne Gilbert. I am a real-estate paralegal and title abstractor. 
I would like to ask town clerks a recording question.
What do town clerks do if you receive a document, like a Mortgage Deed, that is for property in a different town? 
If you record it, how do you index such a document?  If you don't record it, do you keep a record of what you did with it?

Dorset, Vermont