From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Town of Wilmington
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 12:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Recordings question

Hi Anne -

I do the same thing that Robin does with the documents I catch in time.  Sometimes I don't realize it is the wrong town until the pages for the Land Record book has been made, at which point I index it the same as a document for my town with Grantor/Grantee, type of doc, etc.  I personally do not believe it is the Clerk's responsibility to keep a record of documents returned.

Susie Haughwout
Wilmington Town Clerk
P.O. Box 217
Wilmington, VT 05363