South Burlington will return it to whomever it came from (envelope).




Donna Kinville

City of South Burlington

City Clerk and Treasurer



From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Anne Gilbert
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 9:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Recordings question


My name is Anne Gilbert. I am a real-estate paralegal and title
I would like to ask town clerks a recording question.
What do town clerks do if you receive a document, like a Mortgage Deed,
that is for property in a different town?  
If you record it, how do you index such a document?  If you don't record
it, do you keep a record of what you did with it?

Dorset, Vermont