Claudia;

Of course it is possible for you to found a new chapter of Science
for the People.

It is not only possible (in the sense that you might imagine that
someone had to deliver permission) but it is required (is that too
strong?) of anybody who feels the motivation to do so.

If you should want to call your group something other than "Science
for the People", that is also fine.

Charlie