Claudia,
Like my old friend & co-conspirator Charlie Schwartz, I warmly
encourage you to gather a group of people to carry on the SftP
spirit and reportory of activities, under whatever name.  Let
me add that you may find that the philosophies of your active
group are various, and you will do better to keep hashing out
your differences rather than any one tendency struggling to
steer the whole ship.  You have heard from some of the old-
timers that it is hard to stay coherent.  I, for one, am
Marxist and not vegan; some of your group are vegan and maybe
not Marxist; I bet you would want to work with both.
	I have been active since its inception in the 1980s in
a similarly named organization here in Canada: Science for
Peace.  Yes, it deals with issues not directly peace-related--
but to some members nuclear disarmament is the issue of all
issues.  I'm glad it doesn't undergo fission.  It will never
again attain so low an average age as the organization I hope
you will found.
		Best of luck,		Chandler