Jonathan Campbell wrote:

> The health effects of DU concentration can be physically felt by
> affected soldiers. Is there any reason to expect that bees would be
> immune to internal radiation contamination?

it's been a while since i read the papers on DU, but i recall them
carefully analyzing the potential for ingestion of a DU particle as a
function of proximity to an ammunition "event". i do not recall any
suggestion that DU is "just out there" in these preliminary studies. so
i think you have to make a case that the globally averaged DU particle
concentrations are really that significant. and i doubt you can at this
point, since nobody collects such data, even if only near bee colonies,
if you get my "drift".

So get out your computer programs. Start releasing DU particles in Iraq
and several select places in your simulations. get your airborne
particulate "drift" codes up and running, and show us the
globally-averaged particulate density, for example. is the average
anywhere near the higher levels in Iraq?

BTW, does anyone know?:  if i drink water or eat foods with DU particles
embedded, does the DU get lodged inside me, or will i readily pass them
back out again? i would *guess* its passed out more readily.

i ask because if airborne DU is the only way for DU to become lodged
inside us (or bees), i suspect (guess) the airborne levels are NOT that
high globally to create such a bee problem.

other related questions: how much air does a bee pull thru its body? why
bees and not birds, or frogs, or swans, or geese, or ..., are there
larger than average bee die-offs in Iraq???? birds???? how localized
were the human effects in Iraq near munitions explosions? is there a
massive die-off of bacteria because the worldwide bacteria pool is now
exposed to DU???

Les