Thanks Mandi. I was trying to point out that just because we do not know the exact mechanism of how a particular agent causes disease does not invalidate the overwhelming evidence about the cause. I was using cancer as an analogy, not referring to viral causes of cancer. Sorry if that was not clear.

MB