http://www.politicallyoutspoken.com/cblog/archives/113-Monsanto-and-Sinister-Iraq-Order-81.html
  Monday, February 5. 2007
  Monsanto and Sinister Iraq Order 81

  Thanks to the U.S. 2003 invasion and all that it brought with it, Iraq's flourishing agriculture system of many centuries has been replaced with a bleeding landscape.

  Oh, and many seed repositories were bombed out of existence.

  Oops...

  Although missiles and mortar have brought noise, 'Iraq Order 81' has delivered silence.

  Without so much as a peep from the media, nor a vote by the people, '81', (along with 99 other orders) was plunked down before the people of Iraq in the form of a national 'cease and desist' order, just a few years ago.

  Now what exactly is this 'Iraq Order 81', you might ask?

  Simply put, it's a crafty bit of word magic that prohibits Iraqi farmers from using centuries old methods of farming by outlawing the use of their own seeds.

  Yes, you read it right. BushCo. has made it illegal for Iraqi's to save and sow their own seeds.

  We've converted a country once revered worldwide for its exquisite agriculture, into a barren field of hopelessness unable to produce enough food to feed its people, or support its farmers.

  So what did our fearless leader do?

  Well picture this:
  Bush running about in circles, hands flapping autistic like about his ears, crying "Oh dear me, what to do, what to do." Suddenly he stops, looks up, drops to his padded knees and prays outloud to his favorite corporate angel. With tears in his eyes, he wails, "Is there no one who can help those poor, poor Eyerackees?"

  Then immediately from the back of the oval office, a lone voice is heard. "You're darn tootin' there is.' We then see Monsanto saddle up with a sample bag of GMO's in one hand, and bag with a big dollar sign on it in the other.
  Wallstreet gives out a loud 'ding', and Bush is blessed by 'Monsanto'.

  Fade to black.

  Well, I don't know about you, but I was moved.
  Can't you just feel the love between BushCo. and Monsanto?
  It was mighty nice of them to come up with this plan, don't you think?

  And real fast too.
  It's almost as if they knew what was going to happen before happened.

  Hmmm....

  And all this goodwill coming forth from a corporation known for it's fearless destruction of plant diversity and it's ability to crush farmers with it's cute little genetically modified organisms.

  Hell, they've been doing this sort of thing for years now, so they should be real good at it by now.

  Oh and by the way, you might want to save seeds instead of stamps or coins, because quite frankly, I think they're going to be going way up in value some day.
  Just be careful not to get caught by the seed Gestapo.

  For one of many examples of the might of Monsanto, checkout Monsanto vs. Schmeiser.
  It's old news, but it's a good example of what's going on right now.

  It's time we stand united against this dangerous and overgrown corporation, and stand by our farmers and our fields.

  Here is a great site if you want to know more about the problems associated with GMO's. It's also where I stole that 'Seeds of Deception' pic from.

  Posted by DragonFly at 03:12 | Comments (0) | Trackbacks (0)

  Monday, February 5. 2007