Greetings, Birders:

My first trip to Berlin Pond this season featured Common Tern (1),
Horned Grebe (1 breeding plumage), Palm Warbler (1) and Yellow-rumped
Warbler (2), among many other species. I believe this is the first
Common Tern I've seen at the pond in more than two decades of birding
there. (Black Terns sometimes visit the pond in mid May.) I should
also point out that after seeing the Common Tern fly by at 7:30 am or
so, I was unable to relocate it the rest of the morning.

Today's complete list from Berlin Pond is at North Branch Nature
Center's "Nature News" page at
www.NorthBranchNatureCenter.org/news.html. That page has become a
fantastic resource (sort of like a blog) on what's new in nature
around central Vermont -- from birds to butterflies to bryophytes.

Best,
Bryan Pfeiffer

Bryan Pfeiffer

Vermont Bird Tours