The Boston Globe for years on Sundays ran a little list of bird
sightings they picked up from the telephone RBA, and they printed such
hilarities as "Wide-eyed Vireo," "a pair of green falcons," and "great
blue herring."

Unfortunately, after a great deal of harassment from the birding
community and the donation of a field guide, they started looking things
up and getting it right.  Used to be favorite Sunday morning reading.

I'm kinda sorry you made the corrections.  I was really enjoying the
visual image of a blue-eyed vireo...

Jane