Had a lovely time on a stellar day- -all birds around my property in
Norwich. Got some nice photos-wil post later...
first hermit Thrush seen AM, heard PM
flock of white-throated sparrows- around all day, probably 5 or so. Heard
occasionally
Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers are back, squawking and hammering, fighting...?
Three robins had a fierce but brief fight-also singing
Several hawks soared over- could not identify
Great Blue Heron flew over- elegant!
chipping sparrow among the White-throats
Juncoes still here
purple finces here- about 6
Goldfinches- about 15-getting very gold and very vocal
the usual blue jays, chickadees, hairy and downy woodpeckers, red and
white-breasted woodpeckers-year round residents.
A Vole in the bird seed-quite large with whitish front, medium short tail.
Cute little devil. There goes my garden.
Grumpy red squirrel- mad at me for being "out there". Much scolding- looks
like a "she" from underneath-nursing, perhaps.
Fleeting glances of deer in the mornings.

I sent a message a while ago with a song written out that I couldn't
identify. I guess we can't send attachments? It never showed up. Will try to
post elsewhere.

Cindy Crawford
Beaver Meadow, Norwich