Wow. No good hunter takes pleasure in the suffering of animals, much less
"get their kicks".  Very few of the "bad" hunters do either.  I really think
statements like that are insulting and very unfortunate.

I know several hunters, myself included, who grieve for their quarry.  How
many amongst us will grieve for their chicken, hamburger, or salmon dinner
tonight?  The vegetarians and vegans (and I was a strict one for many years)
reading this can take the high moral ground I suppose, but I'll bet
vegetarians are a great minority of birders and nature appreciators out
there.

And WHY should it be so unbelievable that women participate in the age-old
practice of sustaining themselves from their environment?

Hunting times are mandated now, by necessity, and often called sport
(unfortunately I think), but that doesn't make the activity any less sacred
for many of us.   As many have pointed out here the good far outweighs the
bad.  The bad stand out because you see the results.  No one has ever seen a
bit of trash or even a shell casing after I and many others have hunted
somewhere, that doesn't mean we weren't there.

Aaron Worthley
950 Bert White Road
Huntington, VT 05462
(802)434-7012