While having breakfast and watching the snow begin to get serious, I also enjoyed two male EVENING GROSBEAKS at the feeder - they stayed around until the neighborhood bully jays showed up.

Also, two FOX SPARROWS continue to enjoy my largesse. Numbers of juncos seem higher than the last few days, but nothng like the hundreds of a week ago. Grackles, red-wings, song sparrows, cowbirds round out the migrants.

I have not heard the phoebe since snows returned, and the woodcock of three nights ago continues silent.

Chris Petrak
South Newfane, VT
Tails of Birding - www.tailsofbirding.net