Yesterday evening about 6:30, I watched two eagles flying together over the Brattleboro Retreat Meadows. One was approaching full adult plumage with a white tail, but sort of "dirty" looking; its head was still more "dirty" than white. Or perhaps more technically, a Basic III (Transition). The second was certainly a younger bird, probably a Basic II. As they flew high and low around the water, the Ring-neck Ducks seemed to be diving as quickly as possible, although that may have been because they were hungry. The flight of the eagles seemed to be one of hunting, but they were also doing some interacting during their flight. They perched briefly a couple of times. When I came back from getting my camera, I could not find them again.

Chris Petrak
South Newfane, VT
Tails of Birding - www.tailsofbirding.net