Greetings All!

Wanted to pass on some information about a wonderful opportunity coming
to Central Vermont. I hope this is not an inappropriate post; my sincere
apologies if so.

Bridget

Bird Language
With Dan Gardoqui at Goddard College in Plainfield

Friday evening, May 18th 7-9pm in the Haybarn
Inspirational Talk & Slide-Show (Free and open to public, tell your
friends!)
Saturday, May 19th 6am-9pm
Outdoor full-day & indoor evening workshop (Space is limited & you must
pre-register! Workshop is for adults & teens. Fee-$100, includes light
picnic-style supper. Pack a bag-lunch. There are limited scholarships
available).

Is that robin calm or agitated?
How do birds react to the intent of other creatures (including you and
me)?!
How do birds react differently to hawks and housecats?
If we pay closer attention to the birds, how can we become better
naturalists, birders, trackers....human beings?!

Don't miss this amazing opportunity, to answer these questions and more,
blending modern science, natural history and native ecological wisdom.
This workshop will include: bird identification and field guide use,
sitting quietly, sharing stories, listening to audio recordings, mapping
and field exercises to heighten our senses and learn what it means to be
a bird. You will leave with a new appreciation and understanding of this
ancient and universal language of birds that will enrich your life on
planet earth!

Dan Gardoqui has been studying and using bird language for nearly 20
years as a naturalist, birder, tracker, hunter, and conservationist.
Dan's mentoring in bird language began with his high school teacher Jon
Young. Since, he has studied ornithology and bird-predator interactions,
served as principle consultant to the Boston Museum of Science's "A
Bird's World" permanent exhibit, and taught bird language to Audubon
groups, Natural History Museums, and wildlife tracking clubs. Dan is the
co-founder and director of White Pine Programs in Cape Neddick, Maine,
where he lives with his wife and two boys.

REGISTER WITH: 	EarthWalk Vermont Plainfield, VT
				802-454-8500

Bridget Butler
Audubon Vermont
Conservation Education Coordinator
255 Sherman Hollow Road
Huntington, VT 05462
802-434-3068
802-434-4686 Fax
www.vt.audubon.org
    .~.     Join Audubon Vermont for
    /V\     Seeing the Forest for the Birds
   /( )\    our landowner workshops!
   ^^ ^^         June 1st & 2nd and June 8th & 9th