Hi Birders,

Today the Mad Birders spent the day birding the Dead Creek and points south.  At our last stop, on Creek Rd. in Salisbury Station, we spied a bird across a flooded cow pasture that we tentatively identified as a Black-tailed Godwit.  We spent at least an hour looking at this bird through scopes, consulting all our books etc.  It's a beautiful bird, I'm sending directions in case any of you want to check it out, see if you agree.  By the way, Creek Rd is flooded as is most of Otter Creek in this area.

Take Rte 7 south to East Middlebury area.  Watch for intersection of Rte 125 and 116, but stay on Rte 7. Take next right onto Three Mile Bridge Rd.  Turn left (looks like 2nd left on my map) onto Shard Villa Rd.  Turn right on Dewey Rd just north of West Salisbury.  Turn right on Creek Rd at Salisbury Station.  Drive .2miles and park (road is flooded so you can't get to the bridge).  Bird is on the left across the field with the cows, in the company of Greater Yellowlegs.

Happy birding,
Pat