It's strange but at stratton I overheard a similar conversation between an
instructor and a skiier.the instructor was saying that he had taken a
behind the scenes tour of the physical plant and was amazed at how 'run
down'  it seemed...there was a purchase of intrawest properties by a
private group called fortress. the implication I got was the purchase was
made to take advantage of the olympics at whistler/bcomb and that perhaps
there was a group made up of club members(the private club there?) who may
try to purchase stratton w/o the realestate(would it go private?).

             Henry Barboza
             <henry_barboza@UH
             C.COM>                                                     To
             Sent by: Vermont          [log in to unmask]
             Skiing Discussion                                          cc
             and Snow Reports
             <[log in to unmask]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: [SKIVT-L] SOVT

             04/09/2007 10:39
             AM

             Please respond to
              Vermont Skiing
              Discussion and
               Snow Reports
                   .EDU>

Tag said,

"On Sunday we went to Mount Snow. The conditions were very good mid winter
packed powder. I haven't skied there in at least 6 or 7 years. It was
shocking how run down the place is. ASC really ran the place into the
ground. I hope that the new owners pump some  money into it because it is a
fun mountain. They are possible reopening on the weekend so it will be
either there or Kmart next weekend."

Wow, I must ski a different Mt Snow.  I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the
place as I'd much rather ski farther up north, but Snow is just under 2
hours
from my home and makes for a great day trip.  All that said, I didn't
realize it
was so run down.  The lodges seem fine though I rarely go in them, and the
trails are pretty mnad good for a southern VT ski area, as is their snow
making
(though if Magic could cover their trails half as well I'd probably go
there
instead for the better terrain).  I've had a number of fun days there and
have
no real complaints.  Guess I go there for differnt reasons.

Henry